Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happiness Washcloth Pattern



This is the 3rd and final pattern in my "Peace, Love, & Happiness" washcloth series that I recently knit for my mother on her birthday.



Needles: Size 4
Yarn: Sugar'n Creme Cotton - Bright Yellow
Finished Size Approx. 5" x 5" (28stitches x 53 rows)
Pattern: Use the chart below and the instructions following.
* I knit very tightly so adjust needles size to get appropriate gauge*
Odd rows = right side (all knit)
Even rows = wrong side
Knit all stitches except purls on wrong side.

Cast on 29 stitches.
Row 1-5 knit across all.
All odd rows knit.
R6: K10, P9, K10
R8: K8, P13, K8
R10: K7, P15, K7
R12: K6, P5, K7, P5, K6
R14: K5, P5, K9, P5, K5
R16: K5, P4, K3, P5, K3, P4, K5
R18: K4, P4, K3, P7, K3, P4, K4
R20: K4, P4, K2, P9, K2, P4, K4
R22&24: K3, P5, K2, P9, K2, P5, K3
R26&28&30: K3, P23, K3
R32: K3, P6, K2, P7, K2, P6, K3
R34&36: K4, P4, K4, P5, K4, P4, K4
R38: K5, P4, K2, P7, K2, P4, K5
R40: K5, P19, K5
R42: K6, P17, K6
R44: K7, P15, K7
R46: K8, P13, P8
R48: K10, P9, K10
R49-53: Knit across all.
Bind off on wrong side.
Sew up tails.
(I like to split my tails in two, then sew up 4 tails.)

10 comments:

maepress said...

I love your washcloth patterns and will hopefully have time to knit some up for teacher gifts along with some handmade soap! And your "hugs" are just adorable. Where did you learn the embroidery technique for the face? That's always the hardest part for me.

Paula C. said...

These dishcloth patterns are great. I am also a fan of KrisKnits and am collecting her patterns a few at a time. Thank you so much for these and for offering them for free. I will knit lots of them for gifts!

CĂ­ntia Maciel - SusPIRANDO Poesia said...

Hello!

I went to wish a good day and say I hope your eyes, ok!

Kisses

Anonymous said...

I love how you have all three patterns on your blog site! Most excellent.. :^)

Unknown said...

Hi
These are so cute. I made the peace sign and I am working on the smiley face. I saw on row 46 it says k8 p13 p8 Is that last pearl supposed to be a knit?
thanks :-)

Anonymous said...

I love these patterns! I'm actually going to make a Peace, Love, and Happiness baby blanket with them for a little hippie girl who is pregnant. It's a great way to use up extra yarn and then I'm sewing them all together a d crocheting a border. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Unknown said...

Row 46 is wrong but easy to spot.

gavi esterlina said...

Have tried several times to knit "Peace,Love,Happiness Dishcloth and am having a hard time figuring out 1-3,is it"1,2,3 knit all or just 1-3? I'm fairly unfamiliar with knitting instructions, being that I'm just delving in starting more detailed knitted istruction patterns. So I finally figured out to knit on right with tbe written instructions and, knit on back too to purl only. Maybe I'm not into doing the instructions correctly. But I'm continuing as I write you. NOT Giving up!
The white lines on the graph, do I need to knit those too? Front or Back of the dishcloth? Appreciate all your input. will keep trying so help me God! Love your work. I KNOW I'll get it sometime! Mary D Sterling

Anonymous said...

It’s my first time to visit this site & I’m really surprised to see such impressive stuff out there.click to visit

Video Teraveloka said...

Belajar main judi di era modern tentu tidak sekedar teori permainan saja. Tekhnologi yang semakin canggih juga memudahkan kamu untuk bertransaksi deposit ataupun withdraw. Deposit OVO GOPAY Alfamart adalah salah satu bukti berkembangnya sistem pembayaran untuk (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)